Winter is right around the corner and it's a perfect time prepare yummy soup for dinner! 30-Minute Minestrone Soup is great when you have leftover veggies!! I normally make a big pot that would serve 6 people (or more)... or 2 people with days of leftovers + frozen portions for later!!
(remember, you can add or omit any veggies you want!)
2 medium carrots, chopped - or baby carrots cut in half, or not?
1 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
3 celery rib, chopped (I LOVE celery so you can use less)
1 small onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 can green beans
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
32 oz chicken or vegetable broth
2 cans Italian stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
2/3 cup cooked macaroni (elbow, ziti, anything!)
you can also add:
chopped potatoes or spinach
1. In a saucepan, saute carrots, cabbage, celery, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add broth and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender
4. In a separate saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook Macaroni until Al Dente. Strain and put aside.
5. Add macaroni when ready to eat (if you put it in your soup prior, it may absorb the liquid, add more water if necessary)
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
Dee-Lish!! Super yummy, quick, and easy!! Not to mention- HEALTHY! ...just thought I'd share! xoxo